Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Holmes, Dupin, Feluda, and more...

An exciting affair this summer, right before I start graduate school, is taking some time to go back to reading some of the classic detective stories. I have always been an avid fan of Sherlock Holmes, Dupin, and one of the most brilliant Bengali detectives, Feluda. Of course, the list of my favorite detectives is not exhaustive, it includes other famous characters like Poirot and Marple, two incredible creations of Agatha Christie, and other Bengali detectives. We had a collection of detective books in our house, and even though I have been away from home for college for sometime, I was glad to find some of these books still lying around in the bookshelves. These books not only help me to reconnect with some of my favorite characters, but bring back memories as I open them, for many were gifts from 'folks'.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you have time to read these days. I remember enjoying 'The Murders in the Rue Morgue', it was very good! I have not heard of Feluda, but will see if I find him when I get to India

    ReplyDelete